M2E Fan Washer Location?

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Gwhite

M2E Fan Washer Location?

Post by Gwhite » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:49 am

I just had to remove my extruder, and in the process, I had a small black washer fall off the long lower left screw that holds the fans to the extruder & gearbox.

I think the washer goes between the extruder fan and the extruder housing, but it's also possible it is normally located between the angled fan bracket and the extruder fan.

I looked in a bunch of places for any sort of exploded diagram that shows how that all goes together, but I struck out.

Can somebody verify where the washer goes? It shouod be visible from the left side without taking anything apart.

Thanks!

airscapes

Re: M2E Fan Washer Location?

Post by airscapes » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:10 am

You have it correct, between the extruder housing and the fan. Actually it can go on either side, mine is on the outside of the fan atm but sometimes I put it on the inside. I have the fan off more than on since I don't use PLA and it gets in the way when doing tall sequential print jobs. The only reason for it being there is the standard screw length is too long and bottoms out without getting tight, but next size down is too short..

Gwhite

Re: M2E Fan Washer Location?

Post by Gwhite » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:31 pm

Thanks! I've been printing away, and nothing's exploded (so far...)