stuck on the y axis

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Brit

stuck on the y axis

Post by Brit » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:14 am

I'm printing pieces on my M3 that take up most of the y and x axis. My last print just became stuck on the y-axis at the midpoint -going back and forth in place, leaving a pile of filament.

I stopped the print and just tried moving it using the controls. It appears to be the motor preventing it from moving past the midpoint (or is it the new firmware ...which is causing all sorts of error notices?) It will move forward from the midpoint smoothly when using the y control ...but not from the midpoint to the back of the machine -it won't budge moving back. The same happened once last week, causing the nozzle to clog. But I was able to make a small print in the meantime

I turned the power is turned off and on again... and then restarted the printer. When using the controls, it now moves smoothly all the way back and forward on the y axis. And it moves smoothly when the power is off (suggesting it is not the rail or the bearings). So maybe it is the software (Simplify) or the new firmware?
Attachments
20230120_141748.jpg

Brit

Re: stuck on the y axis

Post by Brit » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:37 am

Update. I changed the y axis motor, re-jigged the gcode with M211 S0 added and reset the machine. It now prints part way, but then seems to just stop at the same point on the same print... with different gcodes. Maybe it is the pi?

Gwhite

Re: stuck on the y axis

Post by Gwhite » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:53 pm

I'm not familiar with the M3, but my M2 came with an SD card with a few pre-sliced example gcode files. If you can try one of those, and it works, then it's a software issue. If it fails, it's the machine.