T0 extrudes thinner than T1?

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
OOMDAS

T0 extrudes thinner than T1?

Post by OOMDAS » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:41 am

Hello everyone, a COMPLETE novice here, way out of my depth but very slowly trying to swim. Zero design experience, zero 3D printing experience either. It will at a minimum be interesting if somewhat frustrating and challenging.

Bought an M3-ID based on the idea that I might as well buy something I'd be very happy with long term - only one learning curve - and if I really hated it all, I could resell it. Good theory, perhaps...

Went through all the setup process very carefully, and have run a few prints with STL files downloaded from various places. Some really great results, some disasters. Evidently a lot to learn.

One thing I notice is that the black PLA T0 seems to produce a noticeably thinner extrusion than the blue in T0. When I do the test prints, the key ring thing looks fine (although not as fine as the one that came with the printer) but the geometric shape definitely has a smoother fuller blue line than black.

Is this normal, something to do with the consistencies of the filaments?

Alex

Bioluminous

Re: T0 extrudes thinner than T1?

Post by Bioluminous » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:01 am

It could be a difference with the filaments. When I got my m3id t1 was ever so slightly thinner. Traced it to the t1 hot end being installed very slightly higher than t0 and after I ran the calibration on octoprint it got fixed.