M2 Slic3r settings

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
ketil

Re: M2 Slic3r settings

Post by ketil » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:04 pm

I actually have the V3a hotend:

http://makergear.wikidot.com/m2-extruder#toc1

With the V3b hotend it was necessary to increase the temperature settings about 20 degrees to get the same results. Not sure if the same applies to V4, the wiki isn't updated with that info. But experiment with a small print, and you'll hopefully get better results.

Actually, if you save your gcode to the SD-card and call it "auto0.g", it'll autoprint when you power on or reset the printer with the reset button. So you can print "headless" pretty easily, but it's a little error prone if you forget about this and power on or reset for some other reason. And it's not super handy if you need to print different files, unless you keep a different SD-card per file.

dwcservices

Post by dwcservices » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 pm

I am a newbie on a Mac and am trying to use your slic3r-config-PLA.ini settings. It throws up an error about runtatlin. I am not sure where to place that file on a Mac. Can you help? or should I run Slic3r without it?

ketil

Post by ketil » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:14 am

Yes, you can remove runtatlin.sh from the postprocess setting. I'll update the config when I have time, it's a bit dated but tatlin was a workaround for older versions of Slic3r's lack of visualization.