Octopi Issue

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
KeithA

Octopi Issue

Post by KeithA » Sun May 01, 2016 4:34 pm

My Octopi setup seems to be working OK now with one exception. When it goes to begin the skirt the movements are very jerky and slow. It happens on every print but seems more noticeable on one that has a lot of curves. Once the skirt is complete the remainder of the print seems to act more normal. Looking at the skirt once it is removed it is obvious something is abnormal. It almost seems like there are many start-stop points (blob) all the way around. The file itself was created by Simplify3D and prints "normal" when using it other than the usual random pausing apparently caused by Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Thanks

jimc

Re: Octopi Issue

Post by jimc » Sun May 01, 2016 6:38 pm

you can get a situation like this when you have a very high polygon count model or there are very micro small features on the sides of the model in the first couple layers. the model may print smooth because the features are very small but the skirt is an enlarged version of the border of that model. the features get a little bigger and makes the skirt print kinda nutty. you will usually see this on curved parts of a model more than on straight sections but overall its model specific.

zemlin

Re: Octopi Issue

Post by zemlin » Mon May 02, 2016 1:56 am

I see that sometimes - happened when I was printing straight from Simplify3D too. Never sweated it. It doesn't impact the part.