Looking for a .fff file for a M2 Rev. D

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Spencer

Looking for a .fff file for a M2 Rev. D

Post by Spencer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Hey guys. I've posted in tech support but I think this is the better board to post it. I'm looking for a working M2 Rev. D Simplify3d .fff file. I've tweaked mine so much that nothing I do shows any promising results. I just need a solid baseline so I can go from there. Plus this will let me know if there's anything wrong with my printer, if I'm using a .fff file that is deemed working.

My problem is blobs, ghosting, and overall not smooth lines. I've messed with the retraction setting so much that it's got my head spinning. I've tried insta's files (from here - viewtopic.php?t=5679) but I think they're outdated. The makergear website only has MK3 .fff files that doesn't work well with my M2, and the makergear default settings from simplify3d is outdated as well.

If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

Tim

Re: Looking for a .fff file for a M2 Rev. D

Post by Tim » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "outdated" in reference to Insta's files. They should be good for any M2 Rev. D or E; basically any M2 with a v4 extruder on it. I don't remember when MakerGear started the official revision letters, but I'm pretty sure it was well into the v4 era. As far as the FFF files are concerned, there shouldn't be any significant difference between the revisions.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 am

Spencer, this user created S3d Manual may be of some help to you http://breathflute.com/pdf/S3D_SettingsCG_20181002.pdf

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Tim wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by "outdated" in reference to Insta's files. They should be good for any M2 Rev. D or E; basically any M2 with a v4 extruder on it. I don't remember when MakerGear started the official revision letters, but I'm pretty sure it was well into the v4 era. As far as the FFF files are concerned, there shouldn't be any significant difference between the revisions.
Insta's files produces poor benchy results. (no offense to insta) Could just be my printer? I can reprint it and provide a picture if you'd like to see it.
airscapes wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 am
Spencer, this user created S3d Manual may be of some help to you http://breathflute.com/pdf/S3D_SettingsCG_20181002.pdf
Hey thanks! I'll check it out. I saw this guy's website before. He's very thorough!