Prusaslicer 2.x

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Gwhite

Re: Prusaslicer 2.x

Post by Gwhite » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:29 pm

Thanks! I'll have to play with that. In the meantime, I got a response on the PrusaSlicer forum about printing multiple test pieces with slightly different processes. The trick is to tell PS that you have multiple extruders, and then you can change settings on each "extruder":

http://projects.ttlexceeded.com/3dprint ... ction.html

ibash

Post by ibash » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:20 pm

Hey everyone!

I put together a vendor profile based on @misquamacus's profile (the one here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7273).

I'd love some code review on this, if anyone has a chance to take a look: https://github.com/slic3r/slic3r-profiles/pull/10

It'd also be great if someone put together profiles for the M2, etc. In the code I explained a bit about how to break up the profile into common/difference sections.

Gwhite

Post by Gwhite » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:30 pm

After a lot of tweaking, I have a PS profile working reasonably well on my M2E. I started with Airscape's profile, but if I remember, his was set up for a larger nozzle. Mine is configured for the stock 0.35 mm nozzle. I'll see if I can figure out how to export it the next time I have PS up & running. I've been printing some designs I original did in S3D, so I've been running that for now.

ibash

Post by ibash » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:36 am

Excellent, exporting as a config bundle should work well. I could then cut add that into the vendor profile.

Gwhite

Post by Gwhite » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:33 pm

Thanks! I've attached the config bundle.

I'm not real happy with their system. I have no idea what is being exported, and whether it includes any proprietary info on some of my print jobs from the "Plater" tab. Because they store info & settings in four different places internally, it's not nearly as clean as dealing with S3D profiles & factory files.

Fortunately, I haven't used PS enough to have anything crucial stored.
PrusaSlicer_config_bundle.zip
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 499 times